The HCEF Spring Fund, formerly called “The Special Fund for Children,” was established at the Henderson County Education Foundation in 1989 by an anonymous donor to provide support for children’s needs not otherwise met by the school system. Spring funds are provided annually to principals at each of the schools in the district to meet the day-to-day emergencies and other needs of the most vulnerable children in the system.
In previous years, funds have been used to support:
- Field trips for students who could not afford to attend otherwise,
- Gas card for a family that experienced a tragedy,
- Clothing for a student who was wearing the same clothes to school every day,
- Graduation materials for seniors in need,
- Necessary medication for a student when the family could not afford to pay,
- And much more!
In the fall of 2020, HCEF pivoted and offered Spring Fund Mini-Grants to teachers for remote learning. To learn more, visit the Mini-Grants for Teachers page.
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors!
Super Spring Sponsor – $3,000+
Spring Sponsors – $1,000
Lee Waters Memorial Fund of Community Foundation of Henderson County
First Congregational Church