The Mickey Marvin Scholarship will be awarded to one graduating senior student from each of the following high schools in Henderson County: East Henderson High School, Hendersonville High School, North Henderson High School and West Henderson High School. Each of the graduating senior students will be accepted by and attending a four year accredited college or university. The scholarship will be awarded for one year to cover supplemental college tuition and/or fees.
Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a varsity football player or a varsity cheerleader graduating from East Henderson High, Hendersonville High, North Henderson High or West Henderson High School,
- demonstrate acceptance to a four year accredited college or university,
- maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5,
- demonstrate financial need,
- have a strong character,
- a positive attitude, and
- be an active participate in the community.
Requirements While Enrolled in College
- Student will maintain an overall 2.5 grade point average while pursuing a bachelor’s degree;
- Maintain regular contact with members of the scholarship committee and/or HCEF officials, and provide proof of progress, grades or other eligibility requirements;
- Have no criminal record and will certify abstinence from drug and alcohol use.