Online Scholarship Application Instructions
Applications must be submitted by March 3, 2022.
Third Party Responses accepted until March 10, 2022
Please read this page BEFORE beginning any application. The instructions are specific to the HCEF Foundant online scholarship system. We suggest you save or print this instruction page and that you save the login page for the online scholarship system in your favorites.
If you need assistance or have questions about specific scholarships contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Users Registration Instructions
After reading all of the instructions below, new users should click the Apply button on this page and then register by clicking “Create New Account” on the login page.
- If you have more than one email address, remember which email address you used to create the account, you will use it to log into the system each time you visit. Please do not create a second user account.
- All emails the Foundation sends you through the Foundant online system will come from “email@example.com”. Add this email address into your safe senders list.
Once you have completed registering, you will be directed to the “Apply” page.
- In the blue shaded area at the top, you will see ‘a house’ which will bring you to the Applicant Dashboard” and “Apply”.
- You will need to first take the Eligibility Quiz to determine which scholarships you MAY be eligible to apply for. Once you complete the Eligibility Quiz click the “Submit Eligibility” button on the bottom right. Once it is submitted a list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for will appear. Click “continue” to move to Apply Page where you will be able to apply for each scholarship. Once you submit your answers to the eligibility quiz you will no longer be able to change them. If you made an error or feel that you were incorrectly identified as not eligible please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can review your eligibility.
** You are still responsible for reviewing the requirements of each scholarship to determine final eligibility as there may be additional specific requirements beyond the questions in the eligibility quiz. **
- From the “Applicant Dashboard” page you will be able to open and continue to work on any applications you previously started as well see the status of applications in progress, including third party responses.
- Please be sure to check to see if third party requests have been completed and reach out to them if their responses have not been submitted by the application closing date.
- To begin an application, click on the blue “Apply” button on the right.
- You can save your application at any point and come back later to finish it. You should save your application frequently. The system will auto save only every 20 minutes.
- If you are applying to multiple scholarships you can use the copy functionality. To bring answers over from another application select “Copy Previous Answers”in the upper right. A table will appear that will show a list matching answers. Select the questions you would like responses copied to. Note that any question that has already been answered on the form will not be overwritten by a copied answer, nor will the copied answer be added to an existing answer. To view a short video further explaining the copy feature click here.
**You are responsible for reviewing and verifying that the copied responses are appropriate for the question on each application, in particular for your essay and requests for letters of recommendation. Some applications have a specific requirements for the essay or letters of recommendation. You must still compose and send a request for a letter of recommendation from each application. It will not automatically be done if you copy your response.**
- Some applications require recommendations or input from parents and/or counselors. You are responsible for making sure the notification emails are received by the people whom you
whom you request information from.
. Also, notify the person in advance of the email address email@example.com as this will be how the recommendation request is sent to them.
- Remember to click “Submit Application” only when your portion of the application is complete.
IMPORTANT: Once you have clicked on “Submit Application” your application will no longer be available for editing.
Online System Tips
- You will be automatically logged out of the online system after 90 minutes of inactivity. You will receive a warning message at 80 minutes of the pending time out. Working on a form without saving does not count as activity.
- The character counter includes spaces as well as characters.
- If you do not provide an answer for one of the required questions you will not be able to submit your application.
Still have Questions? If, after reviewing the information available on the website, you have additional questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.