Online Scholarship Application Instructions
Please read this page BEFORE beginning any application. The instructions are specific to the HCEF Foundant online scholarship system. We suggest you save or print this instruction page and that you save the login page for the online scholarship system in your favorites.
New Users Registration Instructions
After reading all of the instructions below, new users should click the Apply button on this page and then register by clicking “Create New Account” on the login page.
- If you have more than one email address,remember which email address you used to create the account, you will use it to log into the system each time you visit. Please do not create a second user account.
- All emails the Foundation sends you through the Foundant online system will come from “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Add this email address into your safe senders list.
Once you have completed registering, you will be directed to the “Apply” page.
- In the blue shaded area at the top, you will see “house” which will bring you to the Applicant Dashboard” and “Apply”.
- From the “Applicant Dashboard” page you will be able to open and continue to work on any applications you previously started as well see the status of applications in progress, including third party responses. Please be sure to check to see if third party requests have been completed and reach out to them if their responses have not been submitted by the application closing date.
- Click on Apply, and you will be taken to the Application Page. This page contains a review of eligibility requirements for all scholarships, and provides an opportunity to preview each application.
- To begin an application, click on the blue “Apply” button on the right.
- All applicants are required to complete the 2018 HCEF Common Application in its entirety in addition to any specific scholarships you are applying for.
- You can save your application at any point and come back later to finish it. You should save your application frequently. The system will auto save only every 20 minutes.
- Some applications require recommendations or input from parents and/or counselors. You are responsible for making sure the notification emails are received by the people whom you ask for a recommendation or information for your application. Also, notify the person in advance of the email address email@example.com as this will be how the recommendation request is sent to them.
- Remember to click “Submit Application” only when your portion of the application is complete.
IMPORTANT: Once you have clicked on “Submit Application” your application will no longer be available for editing.
If you have questions about a specific scholarship or questions about the application process, contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-697-5551. Once you click the apply button below, save the login page in your favorites for the next time you return to complete your application or if you apply for a new scholarship.
Online System Tips
- You will be automatically logged out of the online system after 90 minutes of inactivity. You will receive a warning message at 80 minutes of the pending time out. Working on a form without saving does not count as activity.
- The character counter includes spaces as well as characters.
- We recommend you prepare the responses that require text boxes in a word document outside of the online system and then copy and paste them into the online form. If you are filling out multiple applications, depending on the questions, you may be able to use the same text in more than one application.
- If you do not provide an answer for one of the required questions you will not be able to submit your application.